So, with everyone else blogging away like mad I thought I better say something profound......um...... Be excellent to each other! Well today is my day off. This lot are all wandering off for some private time to get in touch with the city and how they wanna perform in it. Me, well I'm off to play tennis. Tough life I know being a film maker, but somebody has to do it! Filming itself is going well. It's always hard when filming things like this because you never know what you might need to flesh out your end film so I have about 500gb of footage and 200 hours of footage to go through when I get back......yay.....Then the fun part of taking this giant jigsaw and putting it together......in the dark.... wearing sunglasses....and boxing gloves.....don't get me wrong, it's going to be fun going through everything! Just don't expect anything for next week :p


There have been some interesting aspects to filming. Such as capturing the moment when Alice made a shocking discovery on a football pitch, Sarah scaring the living daylights out of everyone with her scary 'loving' face at the 2nd barter session and when a group of small local children found my camera the most interesting thing on the planet. That last one was a very nice memory I'll never forget.

As well as documentor I've found myself in a number of different roles including; tech support, sound engineer, bar tender, street performer, magician, games master and bottle washer. If I can squeeze in another three roles, I'll consider it a good trip :P Not to mention becoming King of the Gauchos...

Filming the group as they work in the streets also has its benefits. Being recognised is a nice feeling and people seem genuinely happy to see me, be it through a smile or a wee wave to the camera. Being on the outside looking in does tend to leave me feeling like I'm watching the Truman Show however.

As we enter the final stretch of the project I look forward to seeing what they girls come up with and how it's all going to fit together. Big thank you to all of the workshop leaders over the last 2 weeks for not only giving great sessions but being so accepting of me floating around in the middle of their teachings.

Now, since everyone else is putting pictures of all the cool stuff they've seen while being here and I'm stuck behind a video camera and have not been able to take many interesting ones, here is a picture of guinea pigs on bikes.


0 comentários:

Postar um comentário