Days 2&3: Sao Paolo to Montevideo to Rivera

Some photos from my trip South over Brazil and then on a bus back up to the North of Uruguay...
Tiny airport hotel room, Sao Paolo
View from the airport: please be my plane out of here!
Thank goodness Uruguay welcomes the world.
Killing time in the airport, I went for a wander through the parking lot.
Arrivals and Departures
Empty parking attendant booth
Aai!!! Small country, so no state/region needed.
Every single airport employee rides one of these. 
Very cool public art initiatives in this airport's upstairs terrace, created by Alejandra Mettler and local Uruguayan schools and communities.
Each square was knitted by a different student.
"Estamos unidos"
View of the parking lot from inside.
Flashy upstairs terrace also has a fancy restaurant.
More public art: tiny knitted eggs and the kids had to make their own nests out of different materials.
Views from the terrace.

Planes from 1916 and 1938 on display. Imagine what it would be like to sit in that 'cockpit'.
Views from the bus to Rivera at sunset. Sadly, I didn't get any shots of the Tres Cruces bus station, which was filled with mate drinkers and reminded me of an upscale Savoy Centre.
Trying to catch the sun.
The fanciest bus I've ever been on. Huge seats that reclined almost 180 degrees, free wifi,  aisles between each seat.
Fading light, moving bus.
Tower in the distance.
Toll booth.
Last glimmer of light.
After darkness fell, all that was left was the light of oncoming vehicles for the next four hours.  When I arrived in Rivera at midnight, Flavia, Louisa and Andy picked me up and drove me home. Completing my journey took me on subway, train, bus, plane, tram, plane, plane, foot, plane, taxi, bus and car. Every form of transit I can think of except bicycle, boat and motorcyle. Oh, and it took 60 hours door to door.

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário