Creation

So, it's safe to say this week has been extremely busy! Monday and Tuesday were our free creation days for us to finally get together as a group and find out what everyones ideas were. It was great to finally express how we all felt about this unique environment we've been staying in and what images we wanted to explore and expand. As to be expected, everyone came up with fantastic ideas which we all agreed should have a place within our final showcase, although this has been difficult and required a lot of compromise. As we discussed further we discovered that some people wanted to work with a few others and some on solo pieces. What we have managed to put together is a selection of all our ideas which show the wide range of our creative talents as a group.

I loved the images we captured of the trees breaking through a physical concrete border which had been placed around them and I really wanted to work on developing these images into a physical solo piece. I also had the idea to include paint into my piece and this is an idea I am working on in order for it to be part of my final performance. 





I always like to do some research myself when choreographing any physical movement as it helps me focus on the intensions behind the choreography. I looked into the cycle of a tree and the length of time each step takes. I also like to work with many different images, and although the ones I took myself were the original inspiration I found several more to accompany these.


I loved this image of a tree growing into the shape of it's environment, the idea that it has accepted it's fate to be trapped by a border surrounding it. It knows it will never be free so has chosen to bloom in the small domain that it has been allowed. This image is the opposite to the nature which grows in Rio Grande do Sol, as the trees here have broken free from their border and grow organically. This mirrors the feeling in both Rivera and Livramento, as cities take no notice of the border which has been placed between them. Everyone comes and goes freely in this place as it feels natural and works for this environment. I am looking forward to the showcase coming together as we have all worked hard to develop our ideas.

Other than working hard every day, we have had a quite a bit of fun as always. On Wednesday night Flavia's brother Marcelio invited us to his house for a huge BBQ, and when I say huge I mean 17kg of meat! Now, i'm not the biggest fan of beef but it was all delicious and it was nice to sing some songs while others played the guitar till the wee hours of the morning! 



Yesterday, we had a tour of a local vineyard, had a wine tasting, then a free lunch! Also, not the biggest fan of wine, but I really enjoyed getting out to the country and walking in the sun. It's been great getting to try lot's of new experiences with the group. 

Today we worked more on the final showcase and you can tell the group is very tired, but i'm sure with an early night tonight and the excitement of tomorrow the showcase will be a great success! We have already attached a lot of attention for local shop owners who have been watching as this week has progressed. This week really has been packed, but i'm looking forward to our final performance, and getting to enjoy a few days before we need to make the VERY long journey back to Edinburgh!

Fingers crossed all goes well!

L

0 comentários:

Postar um comentário