A few months ago, whilst reading about some of the first female explorers, I wrote to a friend complaining that I wanted to be an Explorer, but that there were no voyages setting sail these days. Within a few weeks, I see that Fronteiras Theatre Lab are looking for just that! And here I am, about to embark on a journey through the sky and overland, to a place that I only have clues as to what it might be like...

I try to understand how far we will be going. I wonder if it will feel like a long way or if the aeroplane will make it feel short. I wonder whether three weeks will be fast or slow. I wonder who we will meet, what we will see, whether the little Portuguese/Spanish I know is actually still somewhere in my head, waiting to be reactivated, or if I will be left speechless. I wonder what responses will come from this place and our collaborations.

Having packed, unpacked and repacked, I finally just check that I have my passport and that I am prepared for the unexpected.

...


0 comentários:

Postar um comentário